Thursday, August 11, 2016

Fagan Eats Paleo Product Review: New Epic Bar -- Venison with Salt and Pepper


I am a big fan of the Epic Bar line of products. I've done several blog post reviews when they launch new products.  And when I stumbled upon the new Venison Epic Bar, I knew I had to try it right away.
Let me tell you a little bit about this new Epic Bar. The Venison is sourced from grass fed deer.  One bar is 80 calories, with a whopping 12 grams of protein, 0 grams of sugar, and an amazing 25% daily value of calcium and 10% iron.  This is such a great bar if you are trying to make your macros without eating those crappy, synthetic bars you find on the market.  

I tried this bar after I got back from vacation in San Diego.  I had a super indulgent long weekend--too much drinking with the girls and Paleo deviations. Yea.  I had a cupcake.  A real one. But because I hadn't been fueling my body as I normally do with lots of nutrient dense food, I felt kind of tired and cranky to be back at work.  After I had this bar for a snack, I immediately felt a burst of energy!  Yep.  That's what quality-sourced food will do for you, right? And I'm not even being paid to write this, folks.  

Now for the flavor.  I really enjoyed it.  It's just right.  Meaty.  Seasoned well, but not too much. Flavor-packed, not too gamey, not too dry.  It might just be replacing the Chicken Sriracha flavor as my favorite Epic Bar.  

So if you weren't sure--I definitely recommend this Epic Bar flavor.  


No comments:

Post a Comment