Monday, May 30, 2016

Fagan Eats Paleo Product Review: Treeline Dairy-Free Treenut Cheese


If you've read my recipe for Stuffed Shrimp, you know I've used Treeline Treenut Cheese.  But I have to say that I love this product so much that I thought i'd devote a post to it.  

Treeline is a dairy -free, soy free, gluten free, and non-GMO, cultured, probiotic nut cheese made from cashews.  Whew.  That was a mouthful. Said another way--There's no crap in it, and it's got probiotics as an added benefit.  Consequently, those probiotics are what give it the tangy cheese-like flavor that made this product so wonderful. Yum.  

Treeline products are vegan-friendly, and their website goes a long way to demonstrate their devotion to the humane treatment of animals.  I so respect ethics in business.  I've often felt that vegans and Paleo-ers aren't so far off from one another.  Largely because we both avoid dairy, and that can be a little trickly.  

Treeline offers hard and soft nut cheeses.  Though I must confess, I've only sampled the soft, French-style nut cheeses.  They offer aged, hard nut cheeses in classic and cracked black pepper flavors.  The soft cheeses come in scallion, chipotle serrano pepper flavor, green peppercorn, and garlic herb flavor.  

I love, love, love these cheeses.  I am sensitive to dairy, and I really have to limit my intake to just about zero.  But I SO miss cheese.  Treeline products really help satisfy that craving for me. When vegan products like this exist, there really is no reason to fall off the Paleo, dairy-free wagon.  

You can't find Treeline nut cheeses everywhere yet, but Whole Foods and Natural Grocers both carry Treeline.  Seriously.  I can't recommend these products enough.  Can you even imagine how they'd taste with Cappellos lasagna noodles?! Mmmmm.  Paleo lasagna heaven.  That experiment might just be in the near future.  

Hope this helps any of you who may be missing cheese on Paleo just like me.  --J



  


No comments:

Post a Comment