Monday, May 4, 2015

Fagan Eats Paleo Recipe: Minted Pea Puree

Pea Puree with Mint


If you've read any of my recipe posts, you know I love purees.  And so today, I introduce to you my newest puree of choice:  minted pea puree.  

Technically, peas aren't Paleo.  Let's get that out of the way right now.  I know.  Because I tolerate peas well, I eat them on occasion.  Okay.  Now let's move on.  

My interest in this flavor combination came from my pre-Paleo days.  There's this amazing macaroni and cheese restaurant in Oakland called Homeroom.  I'm pretty sure the words "macaroni and cheese restaurant" are like Paleo-blasphemy.  Haha.  Oops.  Anyway, this restaurant had a buttered mint pea side dish that was so delicious it begged to be recreated in my own little kitchen.  

This recipe is very easy to make, quick and is well suited to quick weeknight preparation.  Hope you all enjoy.  Love, Jamie.  




SERVES
8
Minted Pea Puree
by Jamie Miller
PREP: 5 MINUTES
COOK: 10 MINUTES
Keywords: side gluten-free soy-free American fall spring summer winter
This is a recipe for minted pea puree.
Ingredients
  • 2-4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
  • 2-10 oz packages of organic frozen peas, thawed
  • 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves
  • 3 tablespoons of grassfed butter
  • salt and pepper
More Like This
Instructions
  • Put broth in a medium saucepan. Leave enough room for the peas to be added later. Bring broth to a boil.
  • Add the peas and the mint leaves to the broth and allow to cook for four minutes.
  • Strain the peas and mint from the broth and set the broth aside.
  • Place cooked peas/mint and butter in a blender. Add some of the cooking liquid to the blender. Puree until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment