Thursday, September 25, 2014

Paleo Product Review: Prescript-Assist, Probiotics, and Acne Cures

Prescript-Assist Probiotic
Prescript-Assist Broad Spectrum Probiotic & Prebiotic--Amazing stuff!
Product review blogposts are never as thrilling as say a new recipe for Paleo brownies or some other Paleo treat.  But that doesn't mean they aren't just as--or even more helpful!  That being said, let's talk probiotics today.

To tell the story of why the Prescript-Assist Broad Spectrum Probiotic Prebiotic Complex (60 Caps) (affiliate) has been so helpful to me, I have to give you all a little background.  I came around to a Paleo lifestyle because I wanted to feel better physically.  I do not have autoimmune disease.  I do not have celiac disease.  When I eat grains or dairy, I experience bloating, and I am hungry all the time--incessantly.  I always crave sugar. Diabetes runs in my family, and I knew I was on the road following in my grandmother's and my mom's footsteps.  

I also had embarrassing acne.  But this was something I never set out to cure through a Paleo diet.  I just thought I was unlucky or had bad genes.  I tried almost every topical acne solution imaginable.  Tea tree oil, essential oils, over-the-counter products with salicylic acid.  Nothing made it better, in fact, products with salicylic acid seemed to make it worse.  Yikes!  I was over 30 and I was so ashamed of my acne (like seriously--who still breaks out like a teenager over the age of 30?!)  I would try to avoid being seen without makeup at all cost.  It took a toll on me emotionally.  I can remember a time when my new boyfriend pointed to something on my face and asked me what it was.  It was a zit I was trying desperately to cover up with make up.  I obviously failed.  It was mortifying.  

As I started Paleo, I learned about leaky gut.  I learned about healing your gut with things like bone broth, kombucha, and lacto-fermented veggies.  I do eat those things (except kombucha--sorry folks, it just don't like it!) but I wanted to see if a probiotic would help my gut further.  I started taking Prescript-Assist. As a little disclaimer, I am not being paid to write this review.  I am sharing my experience here in the hope that it helps others. 

Prescript-Assist (as described on the website) is: "a broad spectrum, soil based probiotic & prebiotic blend containing 29 strains of beneficial microorganisms." It doesn't need to be refrigerated, which is awesome.  The reviews of this product on amazon.com concur--it is very effective.  I recommend that you read them if you are in the market for a probiotic:  Amazon Probiotic Reviews.  

Now let's get to my personal experience with this product.  It has most definitely had a noticeable effect on my digestion.  But most surprisingly, it cleared up my acne.  It has been miraculous.  I no longer feel embarrassed to go without make up.  I do break out minimally still when I have PMS, but that's it.  Taking a probiotic daily has really turned that around for me, and I am so grateful!  I wish I had a before and after photo--but I never would have taken a photo without make up before.  I would recommend Prescript-Assist to anyone who is experiencing issues with blemishes and acne.  In my opinion, gut health is the future of acne treatment, not a new chemical-filled, harsh topical cleanser.

If you are looking for a probiotic, I recommend this one, without reservation.  I have had such an amazing experience with it.  It is expensive, but oh so worth it.  




  


No comments:

Post a Comment