Monday, April 25, 2016

Jamie's Thoughts: Weekly Cook Up #3

Roasted chicken
Roasted chicken breast with San Pedro Fish Market Seasoning

Doesn't that chicken look amazing?  It's thanks in large part to the San Pedro Fish Market Seasoning I used.  This chicken will be used to top my salads through the week.  Welcome to another weekly cook up done by yours truly....



Roasted radishes
Radishes

Aren't radishes so beautiful?  I'm working on a roasted radish recipe that's not quite complete yet. It had never even occurred to me to roast radishes until a couple years ago when I saw an appetizer dish at a french restaurant in wine country. Pictured above are some radishes in my first test batch awaiting the oven.  I can't wait to share it with you all!


Cauliflower puree
Cauliflower steaming for puree


And of course no cook up would be complete without a puree.  Above is some cauliflower steaming for a puree with duck fat.  You know how people say bacon makes everything taste better?  This same rule also applies to duck fat.  


Roasted sweet potatoes
Sweet potatoes about to be roasted

Also pictured above are some sweet potatoes waiting to be roasted.  I usually season them with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  I add a little chopped onion and some olive oil and roast for about 45 to 55 minutes until tender.  As far as sweet potatoes go, I like mine soft.  



Roasted eggplant
Roasted eggplant

I so love eggplant.  Roasted with a little salt, pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil and it develops such a rich flavor with little effort.    



Sauteed mushrooms
Sauteed mushrooms

As usual, I sauteed up some mushrooms for my lunchtime salads.  My salad just wouldn't be the same without them.  They have the same kind of meatiness that eggplant has when roasted.  




Paleo Mayonnaise
Paleo mayo...yum!

And last but not least, I made some Paleo Mayo. This is my Kitty Cup Aioli recipe just made without the garlic.  Really, really easy, folks.  If you have an immersion blender, you basically cannot mess this up.  I used the mayo to make another batch of my Bearnaise Deviled Eggs.  

As you can see, I kept things pretty simple this week.  Hope you find it helpful!  --J


No comments:

Post a Comment