Monday, April 4, 2016

Fagan Eats Paleo: Product Review - Imperfect Produce



You may have noticed that I've been talking a lot about this new produce delivery service called Imperfect Produce.  And I thought I'd take a moment to do a quick review of their service.  




Imperfect Produce is a Bay Area produce delivery service that sources "ugly" fruits and vegetables or surpluses from local farms that would otherwise go to waste.  That makes it extremely affordable.  

You can get a mixed produce box, a vegetable box, or a fruit box in four different sizes (S, M, L, XL.)  They even have all organic box options.  

Imperfect produce delivers to multiple Bay Area public locations and offers home delivery to some areas too.  Fortunately, home delivery is offered where I live.  Yippee!

Before I launch into my feelings on this service, I just want to give a little disclaimer in that I am not being paid to write this review.  I just find the service so valuable that I wanted to share.  

The picture above is of a small organic produce box.  I got 2 pounds of sweet potatoes, 1 pound of zucchini, 1 pound of cameo apples, 1 pound of lemons, 1 pound of valencia oranges, 1 pound of watermelon radishes, and 2 heads of butter lettuce. This was one of my favorite boxes I've ever received.  I mean--watermelon radishes!?! They aren't the kind of thing you work with as a home cook everyday.  I feel like this service is like getting a discounted price on designer clothes. And yeah, in this analogy, watermelon radishes are the designer clothes.  That's how excited I get about hard to come by produce.

Anyway, that's the other thing I love about this service.  It gets me to try stuff I might not normally buy on my own when left to my own devices, you know.  I have to confess that I haven't been the biggest fan of kale, but thanks to the Imperfect Produce box I got this week, I've got a pretty tasty kale recipe coming your way.  

To give you the quick conclusion (in case you haven't already figured it out), I love this service. I totally recommend it because it's a convenient, affordable way to enjoy quality local seasonal produce. And that's totally Paleo.  ---J

No comments:

Post a Comment