Friday, March 4, 2016

Fagan Eats Paleo Product Review: Cappello's Pasta



I so wanted to have a recipe done for today's blog post.  But these are the pitfalls of just trying to whip up whatever comes into your head. Sometimes it doesn't work out.  Haha.  And this new super secret recipe (are you totally dying to know what it is yet?!) isn't quite right yet. Back to the drawing board it is.  In the meantime, let me talk to you about this super awesome Paleo pasta, Cappello's.  

I know i'm a little late to the game on this Cappello's stuff.  I think it's been around since like 2012.  But it's new to me.  You see, I don't get to Whole Foods too often because it's just not that convenient coming from this little island in the Bay.  Our Natural Grocery Store just started offering Cappello's products, and I knew I had to give it a try.  Especially to impress the boyfriend.

My boyfriend loves pasta.  I think it brings back memories of when he used to go out to the Old Spaghetti Factory with his family as a child. And I thought I'd surprise him this Sunday dinner with some Paleo pasta in a little Cappello's test run.  


Before cooking.  

I'm going to cut to the chase here, folks.  I loved this stuff.  The texture is amazing.  I don't know if it's just been so long since I had regular pasta or what, but I honestly couldn't discern any difference between Cappellos and the real deal. Seriously.  It's easy to make.  Takes about 90 seconds to two minutes in boiling water.  The price isn't bad.  I paid about $11 for about a 3-4 serving box.  In summary:  tastes great, texture is good, easy to make, price not too bad for a splurge.  What more do you need to know?

I bought the fettucine.  They didn't have a traditional spaghetti product that I could purchase. They also have gnocchi, lasagna noodles, and pizza and pizza dough.  I served the fettucine with a meat sauce.  I didn't even make the sauce.  I browned the meat and added it to a store bought organic clean pasta sauce.  Super easy dinner.  

Oh and the boyfriend's reaction:  He was so happy!  He joyfully thanked me numerous times. In all the Sunday dinners I've ever slaved over, this one was the easiest to make and garnered the most appreciation.  And folks, I've made duck confit and duck breast for Sunday dinner before.

If you're missing pasta on Paleo, I cannot recommend this brand enough.  And they aren't even paying me to say this.  I just wanted to share my experience with everyone who might be going through pasta withdrawal on Paleo.  If your local Whole Foods or Natural Grocery Store doesn't carry Cappellos, you can order online at their website:  Cappellos.com.   Oh yeah.  Cappellos makes gnocchi, pizza, lasagna noodles and more.  Check it out.   Happy grain-free pasta eating bliss! --J


Paleo pasta heaven.  <3








No comments:

Post a Comment