Monday, September 14, 2015

Fagan Eats Paleo Product Review: myPaleoPal App

The myPaleoPal Dashboard.
 Today I'm going to talk about a new addition for your Paleo toolbox:  myPaleoPal!  Feeling a little lonely on your Paleo journey?  Wishing you had some peeps doing Paleo with you?  Enter the myPaleoPal app.  

The myPaleoPal app was introduced at the beginning of this year to help create a support system in the Paleo community.

How does it work, you ask?  Well, you take pictures of your food, either through the app or through the camera on your phone and you submit the picture with descriptions of your food for approval of the community.  



This is what the approval list looks like.  Post the pics and check yay or nay.


My smoothie from earlier today.  It's my Protein Smoothie!  

And for all you goal-oriented, competitive folks out there, the more meals you have approved, the higher they rank you.  


Look at me, look at me!

The dashboard keeps a bunch of stats.  How many meals you have approved, how many consecutive days you've been logging, how much weight you've lost, how many heart beats you have, which is akin to how many likes your pictures have received.  
Here's the dashboard.  

More dashboard!
Folks can like or comment on your posts, and you receive notifications when your particular "meal" has been approved.  



I've been using myPaleoPal since about February. At first, I didn't really get it.  I found myself questioning the utility of posting my food for "approval."  But as the app developed and the community grew, I found myself really enjoying the interactions with the members of the community. 

I can remember one time in particular, I was attending a fundraising luncheon and the menu was predetermined.  And of course, they served a cold pasta dish with a rich dessert.  It was a Paleo nightmare.  I shared my little victory with the group.  I had picked out the veggies and protein and set the noodles aside.  What willpower. Fortunately, I had come prepared with an Epic bar in my purse.  I got a lot of super supportive comments from friends on the app, and I so appreciated it.  The struggle is real, folks.  We need all the help and support we can get.  

Anyway, I just enjoy sharing what I'm doing in the kitchen and new things i'm trying out with a bunch of folks who really get it.  I totally recommend this app if you are on Paleo to help give you some extra support if you need it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment