Monday, July 20, 2015

Fagan Eats Paleo Recipe: Paleo Protein Smoothie

Paleo Protein Smoothie
It's a satisfying and delicious Paleo Protein Smoothie
For about the past month or so, I've been at a weight loss plateau.  I have 5 to 7 more pounds I'd love to lose, but I'm also at the place with my body where if that doesn't happen, I'd be okay with that too.  To try to break past the block, I decided to change things up with my diet and exercise.  And so, this Paleo Protein Smoothie became part of that revamp.

I was in a bit of a rut when it came to my breakfasts, eating eggs, spaghetti squash and whatever veggies were in the fridge Every. Single. Morning.  Yep. 

Smoothies are always a delicious morning breakfast treat and a great way to include lots of veggies and fruits in your diet first thing.  So, I sought to re-create a smoothie I often get from a restaurant near where I work from time to time. And it costs $14 when I buy it at work.  Now I can have it at home for a fraction of the price.  Yay!

Anyway, this smoothie is a really delicious and filling way to start your day.  I hope you all enjoy!
--J


Paleo Protein Smoothie

by Jamie Miller
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 2/3 cup almond milk
  • 1/3 cup of water
  • 2 tablespoons of coconut milk
  • 2 cups of spinach (or other mild tasting green)
  • half banana
  • 1/2 tablespoon almond butter (optional)
  • 1 scoop protein powder of your choice (I use Clearvite, a multi-vitamin supplement powder, and collagen powder, but I recommend you use something vanilla-flavored)
  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
Instructions
First add, the almond milk, water, coconut milk, banana, and spinach to the blender, and blend. Then add the protein powder and cocoa powder, and blend again. Last add the frozen blueberries and almond butter and blend again. Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment