Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Paleo Recipe Review: Easter Blues and Paleo Reese's Eggs Made with Sun Butter

So, I’m learning that blogging doesn’t really work unless you do it.  While I might draft a few posts in my head, they don’t always seem to make it to the page.  Well--that coupled with the fact that I’ve been working tirelessly on a case for the past week.  I had to write a document all day on Easter.  My Brain Needs. A Break. 

Today, I finally got to do two very, VERY necessary and important things that were postponed because of said really annoying case: 

(1)    I got to finally make Taylor Made it Paleo's Reese's    Eggs (woohoo); and
(2)    I went to the gym after about a week.  

Let’s talk about both. 

First off, if I get out of the groove of going to the gym, it’s just so hard to get back into it.  After about two or three days, I swear I feel more flabby.  And that’s just discouraging.  Thankfully, I signed up for some personal training sessions.  Having to meet someone at the gym at 7:00 a.m. gets me there when I’ve gotten side-tracked by work or other things.  Today was leg day, and I know I will be feeling it in the days to come! 

And now for the "Reese’s" Eggs.  I’ve been wanting to make these things since she posted about them a few days before Easter.  Reese’s Eggs and Cadbury Eggs are my Easter favs.  Ideally, I would’ve made them on Easter day--But with work and all, that dream just wasn’t going to come to pass.  Better late than never. 

Today, I only have one remaining.  Yep.  That’s right.  The recipe says it was supposed to make 10, but I only was able to come up with 8 from the batter.  And now there’s just one.  They were good. 






So, I used sun butter to make these eggs, as the recipe suggested.  And to be honest, this was my first foray into using and trying sunflower seed butter.  It was good, but I think I’m going to work on tweaking this recipe to suit my own taste buds.  I’d prefer it a little sweeter, and I’ll probably use a mixture of butters next time.  Or maybe I’ll just use cashew butter or just almond butter.  Who knows.  Either way, my boyfriend loved them.  They were easy to make, and the finished product made me look like a superstar in the kitchen. No complaints here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment