Friday, August 19, 2016

Fagan Eats Paleo Recipe: Strawberry Mango Green Smoothie


I enjoy a smoothie almost every morning.  And this recipe is a variation on the first smoothie I ever came to love:  a Strawberry Mango Smoothie.  

So, I first started drinking smoothies back in 2005 when I saw a holistic practitioner who put me on a three-week cleansing diet.  That diet was very similar to Paleo.  And as part of the cleanse, I had to make these smoothies with a supplement powder, called Clear Vite.  I still use Clear Vite to this day, if you can believe it.  I started experimenting with different smoothie flavors, but I came to really adore the strawberry-mango combination of flavors.  Back then I also used to add a little bit of pineapple juice.  

So, this recipe is a take on that initial strawberry-mango smoothie I came to love.  This recipe includes leafy greens, which gives it that green color.  It also includes almond milk, which is surprisingly high in calcium, and coconut milk, which helps give it a creamy texture.  

This smoothie is really great if you are new to adding greens to your smoothie or just new to smoothies in general.  I hope it gives you all the same burst of energy in the morning as it does me! <3 --J 

Strawberry-Mango Green Smoothie

by Jamie Miller
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: blender beverage breakfast dessert snack ancestral gluten-free paleo primal smoothie American fall spring summer winter
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1/2 banana
  • 3/4 cup almond milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1-2 cups of organic spinach
  • 1 scoop Paleo-friendly, vanilla protein powder or 3 tablespoons of collagen and a small of vanilla extract (I use collagen and a multi-vitamin powder called Clear-Vite)
  • 1 cup frozen organic strawberries
  • 1/4 cup frozen organic mango
  • 2 tablespoons of full fat coconut milk
Instructions

Add the banana, almond milk, water, and spinach to the blender and blend until smooth.

Then add the protein powder or collagen and vanilla. Blend until smooth.

Then add the strawberries, mango, and coconut milk, and blend again until smooth.

Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment