Friday, June 24, 2016

Fagan Eats Paleo Recipe: Paleo Cranberry Sauce


Guess what?!  Cranberry sauce isn't just for Thanksgiving anymore...
So, there's this sandwich shop in our little town that makes this turkey cranberry sandwich that is so delicious.  I have not had it in years.  The other day my boyfriend told me he was really craving it. And I thought--that's definitely something I can make sorta Paleo-ish.  

I made some roasted turkey tenderloin in the crock pot.  So yum.  Watch out for that recipe soon to follow on the blog.  I bought the sandwich rolls from this wonderful gluten free bakery in the San Francisco Ferry Building, Mariposa.  And of course, I made my Paleo Mayo.  

I was just going to buy some cranberry sauce, but then I looked at the options. Guys--that canned cranberry sauce you buy at the grocery store has got a bunch of crap in it, including high fructose corn syrup.  Watch out.  I'm so far down the Paleo rabbit hole that I sometimes forget that companies still put that junk in things.  Check, check, check ingredients.  

Having no other options, I set out to make my own cranberry sauce.  It is SO easy, folks.  And the best part of it all is that you can adjust the sweet-tart level to your own liking.  You just put some cranberries in a sauce pan with some Paleo-friendly sweetener and a little water and you let it cook down.  Simple as that.  Cranberry is not just for Thanksgiving any more guys.  

Hope you all enjoy!  --J

Paleo Cranberry Sauce

by Jamie Miller
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Ingredients
  • 12 ounces cranberries (fresh or frozen)
  • 1/4 cup coconut sugar
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1/2 cup water
  • extra coconut sugar, honey, or maple syrup to taste
Instructions

Put all ingredients in a medium sized sauce pan and mix together.

If using frozen cranberries, heat on low heat for about 7 minutes. Then move to medium heat, and heat for 15 to 20 minutes until liquid reduced and cranberries begin popping. Add additional sweetener to taste.

If not using frozen cranberries, heat on medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes until liquid reduces and cranberries begin popping. Add additional Paleo-friendly sweetener to taste.

Refrigerate. Serve, and enjoy!

Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment