Saturday, November 7, 2015

Fagan Eats Paleo Recipe: Paleo Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Muffins

Paleo Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Muffins

Fall weather has finally descended on the Bay Area after an uncomfortably warm September and October.   This is my favorite season--hands down. I just love the chill in the air and the leaves changing colors.  Something about it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  

And what better way to celebrate the arrival of Fall than to honor it with a pumpkin recipe.  I know, I know.  Over the past few years, we really have gone pumpkin-crazy.   Shopping at Trader Joe's really proves this:  pumpkin cereal bars, pumpkin cookie butter, pumpkin pancake mix, and the list goes on and on.  But I had a can of pumpkin puree and a little inspiration--and that's how Paleo Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Muffins came to be.  That and I've had this cold that has been dragging on and on, and truth be told, I wanted a little comfort food.

This is the first recipe I've ever created that has really named itself.  I pulled these out of the oven and they smelled so good, I couldn't help myself. I cut one in quarters and took a bite, fresh out of the oven.  To me, it tasted like pumpkin pie filling with bits of chocolate.  Mmmmmm.  And that's how these little treats got their name.  

This recipe is so easy to make.  It shouldn't take you more than ten minutes to prep these for baking.  In fact, it might take your oven longer to preheat.  Basically just throw all the ingredients in a bowl and mix away.  No fancy cooking techniques required.  

The final product is a moist, flavorful treat that's so easy to make in a short amount time.  If you want a little taste of Thanksgiving early, I recommend you give them a try.  Hope you all enjoy!  --J

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paleo Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Muffins
by Jamie Miller
PREP: 10 MINUTES
COOK: 25 -30 MINUTES
Keywords: bake breakfast dessert snack ancestral gluten-free paleo primal Pumpkin Halloween Thanksgiving cake muffin American fall winter
This is a recipe for Paleo Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Muffins.
Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 3 pastured eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 1/2 cups almond flour
  • 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life), plus 1 to 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips for topping
More Like This
Instructions
  • Preheat the oven to 310 degrees.
  • Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
  • Add the wet ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl (pumpkin puree, maple syrup, honey, eggs, and vanilla) and mix until combined.
  • Add the salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice and mix together.
  • Add the almond flour one cup at a time and mix until combined.
  • Stir in the chocolate chips.
  • Fill baking cups about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top of each.
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment